A new insecticide active ingredient being developed by Syngenta with a novel mode of action to address resistance in the control of malaria vectors is entering the early development phase.
A new insecticide active ingredient being developed by Syngenta with a novel mode of action to address resistance in the control of malaria vectors is entering the early development phase. The ai comes from a collaboration between Syngenta and the UK-based not-for-profit organisation, Innovative Vector Control Consortium (IVCC – Liverpool, Merseyside), to identify and develop new lead areas of novel chemistry suitable for the control of vector mosquitoes. Syngenta and IVCC entered into the collaboration in 2009. In 2015, they highlighted the new ai.
Syngenta and IVCC previously launched the mosquito-control product, Actellic 300CS (pirimiphos-methyl). “With Actellic 300CS we are achieving remarkable results, but we are fully aware that new solutions are required for sustainable vector control,” says chief executive officer Erik Fyrwald. “Our joint effort with IVCC is to discover and develop these solutions which can help to radically transform public health in regions where people live with the daily threat of malaria and to eradicate malaria by 2040,” he adds.
- August 21, 2019Do you want to find your exclusice Chinese customers ? now we have a new way for Foreign trade enterprise to tap Chinese market, that’s our “China farm chemical data”.view
- March 7, 2019The latest in digital technologies were at the forefront in the Agritechnica exhibition held at Hanover, Germany from November 12th-18th.view
- March 7, 2019Chinese company Jiangsu Yangnong’s agrochemicals sales rose by 46.1% to Yuan 3,891 million ($613.6 million at the current rate) during 2017.Chinese company Jiangsu Yangnong’s agrochemicals sales ros...view
- March 7, 2019The risks to health from pesticide use have been falling heavily in Brazil over the past decade and half.The risks to health from pesticide use have been falling heavily in Brazil over the past decade...view
- March 7, 2019US researchers are urging government officials to fund large-scale "landscape-level" studies to test the efficacy of pesticide resistance strategies. US researchers are urging government officials to ...view
- March 7, 2019SDS Biotech, the agrochemical subsidiary of Japanese company Idemitsu Kosan, recorded a 3.5% increase in sales to ¥12,928 million ($117.1 million at the current rate) in its fiscal year ended March 3...view